Does your Fulfillment Services Company offer adequate Data Security?
Fulfillment customers must be able to trust their fulfillment services company to safeguard their crucial data assets. In fact, guarding personal and financial data may be even more vital than guaranteeing physical warehouse security. Insist that your fulfillment company assures superior data security by following these simple and logical guidelines.
- Store backup copies of electronic and paper documents in a secure off-site location.
- Implement an effective server and firewall infrastructure. Task someone to ensure that anti-virus software protections are kept current on the network.
- Mandate that all personal computers have their system passwords changed at regular intervals, monthly is ideal. This includes employee computers and any shared computers within the warehouse or office space.
- Train employees to logout of computers when not in use, this is particularly important for computers in shared or high public traffic areas.
- Have procedures in place to securely discard un-needed computer equipment and data (CD and paper shredding). It is recommended to outsource this function to a disposal specialist company.
- Use encryption measures to exchange data files with customers, PGP key technology is a good option.
If your fulfillment services company can show evidence that these simple guidelines are being followed, you should feel confident about the safety of your data and the infrastructure within which it is maintained. For additional information about the security practices in place at Fulfillment America, please visit our site and fill out a form to receive further information.